All chocolate comes from the cacao bean, which is actually a nut. Historically, cacao was such a valued food and medicine it was used as money instead of gold by the Mayans and Aztecs. They believed cacao put one more into their heart and help expand consciousness. The feel good effects of raw chocolate make it even more healthy and enjoyable. Cacao is the most complex and nutrient dense food on this planet!
Our cacao powder is wild-harvested from a minimum of 30 year old trees grown in volcanic high-altitude regions of Ecuador. This cacao will not cause any jitteriness due to its heirloom origin and lack of mycotoxins, mold, yeast, and fungus. This highly mineralized cacao will help to cultivate consciousness, pineal gland expansion, and move one more into their heart. Cacao is the highest food source of magnesium, antioxidants, and mood enhancing neurotransmitters. Keep in mind that cacao is a stimulating food and should be used consciously.
- Highest food source of Antioxidants– Higher than blueberries, red wine, acai, pomegranates, and goji berries combined!
- Highest food source of Magnesium– 85% of Americans are deficient in this critical mineral which is responsible for over 300 cellular process in the body.
- Over 300% RDA of Iron per one ounce serving. Highest food source!
- Quite possibly the highest food source of Chromium– A trace mineral which helps to balance blood sugar.
- PEA – a chemical associated with love, happiness, clarity, and focus
- Anadamide – “The Bliss Chemical,” naturally produced after exercise
- Theobromine – Active alkaloid in cacao which kills cavity causing germs (S. mutans).
- Tryptophan – A heat sensitive essential amino acid used to produce serotonin and melatonin which aid in sleep and relaxation.
- Also rich in Manganese, Copper, and Zinc.
- Blend into smoothies
- Sprinkle over ice cream or yogurt
- Use in brownies, cookies or other recipes
- Dip the paste in honey and banana flakes for an instant chocolate treat.
- Combine with maca root, and/or cayenne for a unique traditional synergy
- Eat with other superfoods like bee pollen, spirulina, coconut, or goji berries
- Blend powder or paste into warm herbal tea or milk.
- Melt down the butter and add the powder to make your own chocolate!