Electrolytes truly are the “Spark of Life” as described in the book, “Electrolytes, the Spark of Life,” by Gillian Martlew. While many of the known elements can be classified as Electrolytes, there are five elements recognized around the world as essential for maintaining a properly functioning electrical circuit within our body. They are:
These elements are necessary for:
- Nerve conduction
- Maintenance of cellular osmotic balance
- Preservation of proper acid-base (pH) balance throughout the body
The electrical system within our body encompasses our heart, brain, and nervous system. As such, it is absolutely essential that our cells be replete with these elements. Electrolytes carry electrical impulses from the brain to every part of the body to keep it in healthy balance.
There are numerous ways to become out of balance with these elements in everyday life:
- Electrolytes are lost predominately through sweating when doing strenuous exercise. If their loss is not compensated for relatively quickly, the ability to continue with the exercise can become difficult or impossible.Other activities that produce profuse sweating such as physical labor, yard work, or taking a sauna, create a need for Electrolyte replacement.
- We may also become deficient in these essential minerals when experiencing occasional emotional stress. Emotional stressors can come from worry, abuse, fear, and other factors, all of which require minerals to maintain our defenses.
- Not only do we lose or use up a lot of essential Electrolytes on a day-to-day basis as noted above, but those who take prescription medications such as diuretics are at increased risk of depleting Electrolytes.
- Excessive alcohol consumption rapidly depletes Electrolytes and imbalances our electrolyte equilibrium.
Eidon Liquid Minerals are All Natural, Highly Bioavailable and contain NO sugars, starch, artificial flavors, colors, preservatives or animal by-products. Vegan and Gluten-Free. Eidon uses the finest ingredients known to us in the formulation of our unique preparations. Out of respect for all life, we do not test – nor have we ever tested – our products on animals.